Thursday, June 28, 2012

Finally Made It!!

Well I finally got to Rome after traveling for 24 hours.. The good news is that I was able to get an exit row seat for the overseas flight which was really nice but I still couldn't sleep because for the most part it was like ten pm colorado time and I do not sleep that early!
Once I finally got to Rome after ridding the train into the city it took me awhile to find the hostel.
Right when I dropped all my stuff off I went straight to the Basilica of Mary Major. Here is probably the best picture I took there! The name of the church reflects two ideas of greatness ("major"), that of a major (or papal) basilica and that of the largest (major) church in Rome dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary.


Tonight I watched the Italy vs Germany soccer game with a bunch of Italians and Germans... Great time! Tomorrow I plan on going to the Vatican and also Basilica of St. John Lateran!

As always..If you would like to contact me while I am in Europe, of course you can comment on any of these posts! I will still have Internet access so you can E-mail me at Olson.Jeffrey.R@Gmail.com. I have a WiFi texting number - (325) 203-5211, so you can text me whenever you want but I will only get it when I have WiFi. You can also Skype me any time, my Skype name is Wingspanolson!

1 comment:

  1. Jeff!! SO EXCITED for you. Wow, can't believe it has already been so long since we were all out there - that was an incredible trip and I am so pumped for you that you have made your way back to Roma! We'll be praying for you - have an awesome time!
    - Amy Frazier

    ReplyDelete